1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the
onion, garlic and red bell pepper. Sauté until limp. Add the spinach
and sauté until all of the water evaporates. Set aside.
2. Make a cut in the center of each chicken breast without piercing the
top or bottom surface. Evenly fill each breast with the spinach stuffing
and Swiss cheese. Sew the breasts shut.
3. Dip the chicken breasts first in the egg then in the flour and then in
the breadcrumbs. Press the breasts firmly between your hands to
allow the bread crumbs to stick.
4. Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a nonstick skillet. Add the chicken
and brown on both sides. Remove and transfer them to an oven proof
5. Bring the chicken broth to a slow boil. Mix the cornstarch with the wine
and add it to the chicken broth. Add the parsley, salt and black pepper
to the broth. Simmer until the broth becomes slightly thickened.
6. Pour the broth over the chicken breasts and bake them uncovered in a
preheated 350º F oven for 30 minutes. Serve on a bed of rice and pour
the gravy on top.