1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive
oil. Add the pot roast and brown
on all sides. Remove and set aside.
2. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings and add the onions
and garlic. Sauté until the onions become limp and lightly golden.
3. Add the water, beef broth, bay leaf, parsley, dill weed, soy sauce,
salt, black pepper and beef roast. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove the meat and bay leaf from
the saucepan and set aside.
5. Carefully pour the liquid into a blender and blend for 2 minutes until
smooth. Return the liquid and meat to the saucepan. Return to a boil
and reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for an hour.
6. Remove the lid and simmer for another ˝ hour. You should have
about 3 cups of gravy or less when done.