1. Slice off the ends of the eggplant
and cut them in half, lengthwise.
Scoop out the insides (leaving a ¼ inch thick shell) and chop.
2. Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until
transparent. Add the eggplant pulp and salt and sauté until limp.
3. Add the tomatoes, parsley, capers, basil and black pepper. Sauté
until wilted. Turn off the heat and stir in the bread crumbs and cheese.
4. Stuff the eggplant shells. Keep the stuffing level with the eggplant.
Place them in a large baking dish and top the eggplant with the
5. Bake covered in a preheated 350° F oven for 45 minutes until